Now that I'm just more than a month away from the triathlon, I'm spending a good amount of time visualizing the race. There's been a ton written about the power of affirmations and visualization, and in Kara Goucher's book, she writes about how she mentally repeats the word "fighter," when she's running. Running and triathlon are mental sports - I know my body can do the work, I just need to concentrate on not letting self-defeating thoughts get to me.
This week's mantra: my body has the ability, my mind has the will.
Cool articles to check out:
- 9 Ideas for Fartleks: I have to do more speedwork if I'm going to crush my 5K PR this fall
- 10 Reasons to Become a Spring Morning Runner: Great inspirational items
- 10 Things I Learned About Dating an Ironman: This was a funny read and a glimpse into what my future is going to be like when I take aim at the Ironman
- Video: What Triathlon Means to Me: Cool video from pro triathlons
- Med Tent Madness: Funny and insightful tales from the medical tents of triathlons. Please, please let me learn from this article