Gosh, where does the time go? It seems like it wasn't that long ago that I was wearing boots and sweaters and drinking hot cocoa. So what if I drank hot cocoa today ... it's the thought that counts.
Anyhow, we're more than halfway through the year, so there's still time to accomplish my 12 in 2012 goals. Let's see where we are:
marathon training. I completed a 14-mile run last week and other than the heat, I feel OK about the training so far.
2. Complete my first triathlon - Done! I finished the Leaning Tower Tri May 20 in 1:09, winning my age group.
3. Set a personal record for the 5K. Done! I ran the Karhu 5K in 24:53, but I think I could do better in cooler weather. Maybe I'll try again after the marathon?
4. Volunteer at a race. Done! I volunteered at the Bridge to Bridge 5K/10K and the Soldier Field 10 miler.
5. Take a swim class. Done! I took a half-hour swim lesson with Coach Judie and it was the best money I ever spent.
6. Try vegetarian for a month. Done! The Meatless May Challenge went so well that I've made semi-vegetarianism part of my lifestyle.
7. Read more books. Eh, I've read a bunch, especially when I was traveling this spring, but I could do better.
8. Achieve my goal weight of 124. Ha, no, didn't happen. I've basically given up on reaching 124 pounds. My body doesn't want to get much lower than 127, despite my best efforts.
9. Try one new recipe a month. So far, I think I've done this, but there's always room for improvement here!
10. Send out holiday cards. Haven't done this yet, but it isn't holiday season yet, either.
11. Grow the Fort2Base Race ambassador program. So far, so good. I have nine awesome ambassadors on board and we're working towards a fabulous 2012 race on Sept. 23.
12. Save more money. Again, I'm doing OK here, but I could do better. I most likely need to have a spend-free month. Maybe in August?
So at the midway point, I'm doing OK. I've accomplished a little less than half my goals, and have plans in place to accomplish more. It looks like I really need to read more and save more money, as I haven't done a ton towards these goals. At least I know now with plenty of time left to change it!