- Get up earlier and get to transition earlier, but remember that Mike Reilly is just inciting panic by saying transition is closing. I'm confident there were still people in transition when the cannon went off.
- Fill all the damn bottles in transition. Bring your own gatorade. It's not worth the lack of hydration.
- Sunscreen first thing when you wake up. It will rinse off, but it can't hurt.
- I always cry at the start, and panic in the first half mile of the swim.
- I need to get further from the shore next year to not get battered for the first half of the swim.
- Gear down your bike before racking it the night before.
- Carry a sharpie marker for body marking.
- You won't get special needs bags back, so maybe skip that.
Monday, September 19, 2016
Onto the Next
Thank you to everyone who read and commented on my 2016 Ironman Wisconsin race recap. Because there's no such thing as one and done in my life, I'm already signed up for 2017.
Because this parade just keeps on keeping on, here are a few things that are fresh in my mind that I'd like to remember for next year: