While the vernacular and movements are still familiar to me, there's so much that I forgot about CrossFit workouts and the culture in general.
- You will feel like you can't keep up. Because you can't, initially. I came up half a round short on a workout that had a 40-minute cap. I'd rather do as much as I can with all the time allotted than scale the workout and be done in half the time allowed.
- You will be hungry. A lot more than anticipated. And for protein. Muscles need fuel.
- Your hands hurt. I didn't realize how soft I'd gotten until I tried to row and do kipping pull ups in the same workout. Not good at all. My delicate little office worker hands are not used to this stuff.
- Your results are promising. It's pretty interesting to me how quickly I'm starting to see a change. It could just be wishful thinking, but I hope to get into that whole shedding for the wedding thing, so no time like the present.
- You wonder why it's so damn expensive. Seriously, the group personal training aspect is great, but I could probably get an actual personal trainer for about the same cost.