|Yelp's Elemental Experience at the Castle Chicago|
1. Be active, honest and engaging on Yelp. Fill out your user profile, use your real name and use a photo of yourself, not your dog or your kid.
|Hawaii Yelp-o at Chef Shangri-La|
3. Download the Yelp app and use it! I check in everywhere - the gym, work, grocery store, etc. This is a great way to remember where you've been and what you still have to review. Which brings me to ...
4. Review everything! Gas stations, libraries, parks, doctors offices, dealerships, races and events - they all get ratings and reviews, good or bad. Highlight things that you noticed and liked or things that annoyed you, like a lack of bathrooms or napkins or the nice soap in the bathroom. All these little factors add up to define a customer's experience.
5. Make friends and be friendly. Connect with your contacts on Yelp and comment on their reviews.
6. Become a Yelp Elite Squad member. This is the best way to get invited to events regularly. How do you become a Yelp Elite? Follow everything I've laid out above, then nominate yourself. It's that simple. If you're a rocking Yelper who contributes to the community, uses your real name and photo and submits stellar reviews and feedback, you have a great chance of becoming an Elite.
|2013 Elite Kick Off Party at Pinstripes|
8. Be social with Yelp. Like your Yelp community on Facebook and Twitter, and comment on their posts. In many communities, Yelp hosts parties that are open to the public, all you have to do is RSVP. Their social sites are a great way to find out about these shenanigans - the Yelp Elemental Experience at the Castle Chicago was just such an event, and it was awesome!