Here are my goals for 2012:
|In 2012, you will be mine.|
2. Complete my first triathlon. Because the marathon is the big goal for the year, I chose a sprint triathlon that wouldn't interfere with my training program. I will be participating the Tower Triathlon on May 20, 2012.
3. Set a personal record for the 5K. I haven't run a 5K since 2010, the first race I ever did. After the marathon, I plan to commit to a 5K and work to crush my previous time of 33 minutes.
|Will I look like this if I finish a tri?|
5. Take a swim class. I plan to make triathlons a part of my life, so I want to get it right.
6. Try vegetarianism for one month. I don't eat a ton of meat already, and I'd like to try giving up meat for one month and see how I feel. First, I'd have to clean out the freezer of meat, so this goal may have to wait a while.
7. Read a few books. Stay well-rounded by reading cookbooks, memoirs, training books and pop lit.
8. Achieve my goal weight of 124 pounds by March 31. I've been chasing this weight since July of 2010 and am about five pounds away. Seriously, I can lose five pounds. I just need to commit and make it happen.
10. Send out holiday cards. This winter, I received a mailbox full of cute, heartfelt cards. I feel like less of an adult because I can't seem to get this together. I haven't purchase stamps in at least one year, so that should tell you how often I send cards.
11. Grow the Fort2Base Race Ambassador program. For the 2012 race, I'd like to have 10 active, excited ambassadors. Interested? E-mail me at email@example.com.
12. Save more money. This is a less concrete goal than the others simply because it's a continual goal. I was fortunate enough to grow up in a frugal house and I love reading frugal living blogs and books.
Edited 1/20/12: Seems like some lofty goals, right? Find out where all these goals are going.