I was looking forward to the Sports Bra Challenge, but I was also anxious. I got up at my regularly early time and hit the road for an easy 30-minute loop before work. I run along a busy road and wondered what would happen.
People might have stared.
I didn't care.
Because I don't run for them. I run for me. My body isn't perfect, but it can run.
After the first mile, I forgot that I was running in just the mi-bra sans shirt. The mi-bra has a pocket for your cell phone, so I just zoned out to my music hands-free without all the cords wrapping around my arms. As I rocked out to Kelly Clarkson, I stopped wondering if the drivers were staring at me because I'm shirtless or because they were impressed that I'm so fast. A girl can dream, right?
Carolina, the creator of mi-bra, wants everyone out there to feel as free as I did this morning. She's super excited to partner with me on this challenge and even interviewed me for Web site. She will donate $5 from each mi-bra sold to the S.E.A.K foundation, which has the goal of empowering people to feel strong and beautiful in their own skin. Please enter the coupon code “SBC” at checkout, so we can keep track of the sales attributed to this amazing cause. But, if you want to win a mi-bra, here's your chance!
To win, leave a comment about how running makes you feel. I'll pick a winner at random at 6 p.m. central time next Thursday. Want bonus entries? Sure!
- E-mail me a photo of you participating in the Sports Bra Challenge. Leave a separate comment.
- Subscribe to the blog. Leave me a separate comment
- Follow Kelly the Culinarian on Twitter. Leave a separate comment.
- Like Kelly the Culinarian on Facebook. Leave a separate comment.
- Share this contest via Twitter, Facebook or your blog. Leave a separate comment for each.