2. The Athlete's Guide for Racine arrivedin my inbox this week. And I am terrified. I vacillate between three general states of being on the Ironman 70.3 Racine front:
- Overwhelmed - Surely, I could have prepared better and followed the training plan more closely.
- Confident - I've medaled at both of my training triathlons and I'm the strongest I've ever been (thank you, CrossFit).
- Denial - Let's just not think about the 1.2-mile swim, 56-mile bike ride and 13.1-mile run.
3. To fend off the general anxiety that I feel ramping up to the half Ironman, I've started diligently working my way through the 24 bags of cherries in my office fridge. You'll have to come back this weekend for the recipe for this beauty. I can tell you this - there's a lot more where this one came from!