- I have yet to miss a single training session. Yay for consistency!
- I ran 23 miles in the past week. Thanks, Runkeeper, for saving my stats.
- Instead of a two-mile run that's called on for Wednesday, my husband and I went to my favorite running spot and I did a slower, but consistent, 7.5-mile run.
- I found a great tool for the general "strength" workout that's called for once a week. Sparkpeople has quite a few videos on YouTube that are full-length strength workouts for free. I did the ab workout and butt workout along with an improvised arm workout with great results in around a half an hour.
- For cross training last week, I went to the lululemon Oak Brook store for their free run group and yoga. It was my fastest overall run last week at a pace of 8:57 for four miles and it totally rocked.
- What wasn't fun was my Sunday night long run, which was scheduled at five miles. It was so hot that I waited until nearly 8 p.m. to leave the house. This meant it was dark before I got home and I had my slowest run in a long time. On the upside, I did have negative splits, since I started at 12 minutes and ended at 10:30 per mile.
Monday, July 18, 2011
I'm in my fifth week of training and I started my day today with a green monster shake and a 3.3-mile run. I was supposed to make it to 3.5 miles, I had a side stitch and shin splints, so I threw in the towel a little short of my goal. I had to get up super early to finish up this run mostly because we're under a heat advisory and I wanted to get this out of the way before I would inevitably lose 10 pounds in water weight from my run. Still, it was sweaty. Here are some highlights from the last week of my Fort2Base training plan: