|There are a set of Plastics at every gym|
- Goggles are not created equal and are essential for a good swim.
- It doesn't matter how fancy the gym or how skinny you are, the size of the towels will not be adequate.
- Massages at a gym are the stuff of gods. Not that I'm a connoisseur of such things, but if I won the lottery, this lady would be on my personal payroll.
- You don't need special gear for a spinning class, but learn from my mistake: running shorts are not a good option. Try Bermuda-length shorts or capris and thank me later.
- The conversations you'll overhear in the locker room will take you back to middle school.
- A gym buddy keeps you accountable and makes things more fun. Thanks, MacKenna! Don't get so focused at the gym that you forget to be friendly.
- Be kind and wipe off the machines you use. While you're at it, hold off on the perfume.
- There will be at least one Ironman at your gym. He/She is not as intimidating as you think.
- Morning workouts > afternoon workouts. I hate pulling myself out of bed and driving to the gym in the dark, but if I'm going to get up at 4:45 a.m., I'm going to make my workout count. Plus, the gym is less crowded and intimidating to me.