~ Write 11 random facts about yourself.
~ Answer the 11 interview questions you’ve been given by the person who nominated you.
So here are 11 fun facts about me:
1. I have never seen Star Wars. I don't think I'm missing anything.
2. I only had fish growing up. No dogs, cats or gerbils ...
3 ... But I did have two baby chicks. They didn't live that long, so maybe that's why I'd love to have a chicken coop one day. Oh wait, that's because I want free organic eggs.
4. I am deathly, terribly allergic to mangoes. As a child, my face swelled up until I looked like Buddha and needed steroids and adrenaline to breath. Scary.
|Itasca OctoberFast 5K|
6. As a child, I had a Taco Bell dress. I wore it every time we went to Taco Bell. My mom thinks it's because I got sauce on the dress, so I figured since it was already messed up, I'd wear it every time we went there. This should be no surprise to my college friends.
7. I was one spot away from graduating in the top 10 percent of my high school class. At the very last moment, one of my classmates missed the cut to graduate.
8. I have had lunch at the White House. I was invited by Laura Bush to preview her holiday decorations with the rest of the press. It was a magical, amazing experience.
|Just hanging out at the White House ...|
9. I really hate the word placenta. I don't know why. Something about it skeeves me out.
|Purple dress in Korea|
And on to the questions from Irina:
1.) What is the worst kitchen disaster you’ve ever had? Um, there was this time I tried to make a frappauccino in the food processor. I also cracked a pyrex dish in the oven once, sending food all over the place.
2.) If you could change your name, what would you change it to? Joy. It would remind me to find happiness.
3.) What’s your favorite store to shop at? Amazon. I know it's not a place, but it takes my money just the same.
4.) What would you do if you won the lottery and had unlimited money? Travel the world and run in every country (and every U.S. state). And hire someone to clean my house, for sure.
5.) What’s your favorite kitchen utensil/gadget? The crock pot! This is the best invention ever. I also use my food scale a lot.
6.) What was the last vacation you took? Tim and I went on an awesome Caribbean cruise in December.
7.) What’s the best book you’ve read in the past year? How do I pick just one?! I loved Eat and Run, which Kim generously sent me. Sybil Exposed was also fascinating and The Art of Racing in the Rain made me bawl!
8.) What is your favorite beauty product? Share your secrets! I'm working on a better skin care routine now. I used Proactive cleanser in the morning and remove makeup/moisturize with coconut oil in the evening. I also use the Proactive sulfur mask on my problem areas and use acne-fighting astringent on my back (TMI?).
9.) What is your dream job? While ever job is work (that's why it's calling working), I'm living my dream right now.
10.) If you could have one magical power, what would it be? The ability to teleport would be really kick ass.
11.) Quick – what are the three most important things in your life? List them off without thinking! They're not really things: My family (Tim, my siblings parents and Napoleon), my health/wellness and my career.